Wednesday 9 June 2010

Welcome to Elysium - The Road Home

A journey from first draft to published by a novice novelist.

'Elysium' current status is, 4th draft awaiting final edit before professional advice is sought. Several trusted friends and industry experts are perusing the novel as we speak and I wait in a permanent state of agitation to once again resume crafting my fictional world.

From this point, mid 2010, I plan to update the blog monthly, with news of progress, competition and enlightenment, by way of introduction I have added here old posts from my original blog, please feel free to catch up. Or alternatively you could anxiously await the next post, where I promise to enlighten dear readers as to what 'Elysium" is about!

***
Blog Post number 1, 22 January 2009

Dusting off the shackles of old I have put 2008 behind me and now into the New Year and with it comes the death of our much loved family pet Rusty.

We miss you already old boy and I  have written a lovely chapter dedicated to your sweet soul. RIP.
Having had such an emotional silly season has been beneficial to some degree as it has forced me once again to take a deeper look inside myself for inspiration and therefore opened up new avenues of thought to explore.

My current work in progress 'Elysium Fields' has benefited greatly from this new insight and I am once again excited about where the story is going, frequently as I have hacked away at the keyboard I have been surprised at my characters choices, it seems they have taken on a life of their own and the plot thickens as it twists down the road toward a conclusion.

I'm sure this is a normal experience for most writers, their characters hijacking the plot and riding off into the sunset, but it always thrills me a little to feel the character has a real life, albeit inside the depths of my own imagination!

No comments:

Post a Comment