Wednesday 9 June 2010

Blog Post #15 - 25th Feburary, 2010

Have you ever had that moment, when you may have just accomplished the greatest thing of your tiny significant (if only to you) life and there is no one there to celebrate it with? I would imagine if you are a writer or creative genius of any type, you may know exactly what it is I am talking about.


Here I sit, behind my trusty laptop, my husband would say my best friend, and the sad fact is, she (yes, it is a she and no, it's not because I am also a she, she is burgundy in colour and sleek. I do not know many men who are burgundy and sleek. Okay so I don't know any women that are burgundy and sleek either but she's a girl, trust me) so where was I? Oh yes, so here I am, alone with my laptop, having just completed Elysium, draft four and do you know what the first thing I did was?

If you do then may I suggest you get some professional help because seriously, kissing a laptop computer and doing a little jiggy waltz type dance around the room with it is seriously disturbed.

But that is just what I did. Then I blurted out my great jumbled news to all the world via facebook. Then I jumped on line and started blogging. Next I imagine I will twitter the news. And that is where I come seriously unstuck. Does anyone out there give a damn?

I am over the moon, hysterically happy, I seriously could climb tall mountains and leap small buildings (or something like that) but the sad fact of the matter is, it is just me and my laptop, doing a sad little dance, talking to cyber space and celebrating on our own.

And that is the beauty of our world. I am alone but I am not, millions could celebrate, no one could weep. I know not but it's okay, because I live best inside my head. So there you have it, draft 4 is complete, ahead of schedule and the search begins for the editor of my dreams (preferably a darling free agent who can't wait to get their grubby hands on the next golden child of the literary world. If you're out there, please, send me a line!).

Now off I go to tell some actual real people, I'm sure my husband and kids, mother and father, friends and family would love to hear the news.

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment