Wednesday 9 June 2010

Blog Post #10 - 24th September, 2009

So here we are, nearly the end of September and the big manuscript slash and tighten is nowhere near being done. My heart is racing and my stomach churning. In the race against time I can never get ahead, there is always something else to do, someone else needing attention, or something more interesting to distract me.


I know I know, it's all about prioritising and not procrastinating but with so many balls in the air even the best jugglers amongst us drop one every now and then, right? You successful mothers, students, writers, friends, bosses, jugglers out there? The occasional ball hits the ground and rolls under the dusty sofa to be lost amongst the build up of junk for a few weeks, right?

I have a list of things to do that trails behind me as I walk and unfortunately I keep forgetting important things such as my God daughters birthday and returning friends phone calls. Because really it is our relationships that are important, all the rest of the stuff is superfluous. So what I should be racing against, instead of time, is the beating of my heart and the tears that fall.

For now however I need to get back to my to do list. First book flights for Christmas, then ring the day care centre and argue over fees, next organise to have the left hand side mirror on my car replaced (the garage jumped out and attacked me, taking my mirror with it!), finish reading Homer's The Odyssey, watch Beowulf and then read Gulliver's Travels before next Friday and proceed to write 500 words on each, spend time with mother before she leaves on Sunday, do last years tax, edit the 17 remaining chapters of Elysium, cash in a medicare rebate, reconcile bank accounts, prepare term 4 routine for playgroup and lastly make dinner. All this with the kiddlings still needing attention and care.

Pillow, scream

No comments:

Post a Comment