Friday 25 June 2010

Tomorrow, When the War Began - A movie at long last

Since I myself was a teen in high school, I have been a fan of John Marsden's 'Tommorrow' series.
I have religiously collected and read all 7 books in the original 'Tomorrow' series and also collected and read the 3 final novels from the  'Ellie Chronicles'. When I say read, I mean over and over again.
I don't know what it is about the story, but every time I immerse myself in the books, I almost always end up reading all ten again in quick succession.

In my opinion, 'The Third Day the Frost' is by far the best and I was so excited to find the movie trailer on youtube and to learn the first three novels in the series are being made into motion pictures. These movies have been considered many times before, but have never gotten off the ground! Finally at long last someone made it happen.

I  cannot wait to now watch all my favourite characters come to life on the big screen. Although I am also a little apprehensive. Like with all novels, sometime the movie does the readers imagination justice, other time it fails hopelessly. In this case with three movies scheduled and a possible series spin-off, I dearly hope they hit the mark.

Check out the trailer below, so far it looks pretty good.





And before the release date, do yourself a favor and devour the books first
















No comments:

Post a Comment