Wednesday 9 June 2010

Blog Post #9 - 24th August, 2009

So I have set myself the goal of having the 3rd draft of my novel, Elysium, finished by Christmas 2009. This effectively leaves me four months to edit out over 100,000 words, make lots of minor and two major plot changes and to rework the syntax. Am I setting myself up for a fall or could this be the most productive and creative four months of my life thus far?


Only time will tell.

First things first - this month I've printed a hard copy of the complete Elysium manuscript and I am beginning to pull it apart, bit by every little bit. I will physically remove scenes that are moot and slash unnecessary rambling and explanations. By the end of September I hope to have a considerably smaller, tighter manuscript. October I will focus on connecting the dots of the dessicated plot. November will see the reworking of the syntax and the plan for December is to tweak grammar, spelling and minor inconsistencies.

Sounds like a plan. Feeling better already. The manuscript has been hanging over my head, taunting and stressing me out for months. The task seemed so huge that I couldn't get started but now, by breaking it down into smaller portions I can get my head around it. I can do this, just need to take baby steps

No comments:

Post a Comment