Wednesday 9 June 2010

Blog Post #8 - 7th August, 2009

To be omniscient (all knowing) or caged with the main character? To say you, she or me? So many perspectives, so many points of view. What is the best point of view for Elysium Fields. I have multiple characters, multiple plot twists and multiple perspectives. I am tempted to pull the whole thing apart and write four separate novels (which will help with the culling of the word count) but I hesitate. I know I can meld the points of view together into a beautiful, inspirational story, it's just the how.


I have found my main protagonist but now I need to decide if Angel Grace will tell her story from her perspective alone or will she share the limelight? Can she be an omniscient force? Or does she tell her part in the first person and then step back to tell the others in the third person?

Thinking I will play with some of her scenes, write them from both first person point of view and third person point of view and see which works. Sounds like a plan

No comments:

Post a Comment