Sunday 20 March 2011

Mayhem & Madness - So Write

Today I am
 FREE
to do what I want
any old time.

Okay, so not quite any old time:
strictly between the hours of
9.30am -2.30pm
Monday, Thursday & Friday.

But still -
after 4 years of full time
University
and 5.5 years of full time
Mothering...

3 half days a week is like,
sunshine on a cloudy day, or
 wine at the end of a long day, or
peace instead of war
(not that I'm comparing Thing 1 & 2 to a war zone...)
but you get my drift.

To further discredit myself and abuse all cliche's
(I promise this will be the last)
Today is the first day of the rest of your life.

So Write.

From this day forward
 I am officially no longer a student,
My children are no longer in my care 24/7 [sob],
I have no other pressing matters to attend to.
I have no other excuses not to.

The only thing I can describe myself as today is,
wait for it,
drum role please,

 da dada daa daaaa...

an unemployed stay at home mum aspiring to be the world's next big thing,

A Writer!

How bout you, can you clear the decks?

a series of post apocalyptic ravings
from a newly freed mother and certifiably mad writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment