Wednesday 2 November 2011

NaNoWriMo a'go'go



It's taken awhile but here I am, risen once again from the ashes.

The last few months of my life have seen an upheaval of epic proportions, everywhere I looked I found Negativity and Disarray. For along time I thought these two vicious fellows were my only friends. I even accepted their very special brand of evil as acceptable. 

I am pleased to say after hiding in my cave, dousing myself in self pity and flagellation, and then licking my wounds clean, I have bounced back.
(Many more cliche's and I'll have to sell this post as a Greeting Card)

I turned the ugly Negativity away from my doorstep when she came knocking, I biffed Disarray around the ears a few times and knocked him into shape and then I crawled out of my cave and greeted my new life with an idea.

Ooh, she says, I wonder what that idea was.
 The title of this post couldn't possibly have given it away.

That's right,
 after a year full of doubt,
 insecurity
 and
 the worst case of writer's block
 (ever!)
 NaNoWriMo
loomed large
and I thought
"Self, why ever not?"
and self thought back
"You're right self, why not"

So I am.

Welcome onboard my NaNo 2011 challenge.

The ship has already sailed, if you want to catch it, you'll have to swim through shark infested waters in a tropical rainstorm with 10 kilo's of precious metals strapped to your back and a swag of flies buzzing around your head, but you know, it will be worth it.


 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to see you out of your cave and wishing you the biggest, brightest and most satisfying return to the world beyond.

    As always, I have a huge smile on my face reading you wickedly humourous take on the world of writing. Which begs the question - what do we do with all those precious metals when we get to the other side? How many bottles of bubbles would we buy?

    Good luck and hopefully you'll post up a few extracts of Jax's world.

    ReplyDelete