Tuesday 3 May 2011

Hungry for more...


Katniss & Peeta - who will you choose?

The Hunger Games

There's no denying I am a huge fan of YA, I also love SciFi and SpecFic and everything else considered slightly nerdy. I have no excuses to offer for being so late to the game. I can only say -
 I am HUNGRY for more!!!!


 
I have just now finished reading the first book in
and I am HOOKED.

Katniss Everdeen is my new teen hero, the Peeta and Gale love triangle has set my heart yearning and if I could sink a lethally spiced syringe into President Snow's fleshy white neck I would do so with pleasure.

The Capitol is so not the kind of place anybody would want to live, the Games are a sick twist in a warped dystopian nightmare life and District 12 sounds as depressing as soggy socks in a snow storm, but man alive - sign me up!

Like any great work of fiction there are faults to be found and criticisms to be made, but I am going to surpass them all. My blood is still pumping from the exhilarating adventure of the Games and I am still gripping the edge of my seat in a hovercraft flying high over segregated landscape of Panem to come down to a level where I may want to shoot that feeling with a silver arrow through the heart.

Now that I have that off my chest 
 I am off to seek out the second book in the trilogy,

Happy Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment